This tutorial explains how to create a MailChimp campaign to invite your subscriber to assist to a webcaStudio webinar passing along webcaStudio all the subscribers data.
- We suppose you already have experience using both platforms MailChimp and webcaStudio.
- A webcaStudio account with Super permissions.
- A PSK created for your workspace
Step 1. Add a MailChimp API Key to your workspace.
First of all, you need to configure your workspace to be able to access your MailChimp data.
- Go to your MailChimp dasboard
- Click on Account > Extras > API keys
- Create a new Key
- Copy API Key value
- Got to your webcaStudio workspace
- Click on Settings > MailChimp API Keys
- Give it a name to remember which account is for
- Paste the API Key and press Add
You can create any Keys you need and even use several MailChimp accounts for the same webcaStudio workspace.
Step 2. Create a MailChimp List.
WebcaStudio will retrieve user information from a MailChimp list. User object in webcaStudio has 4 fields: Email, first name, last name and organization. Your MailChimp list must have at least this 4 fields (not necessary with these labels).
If you want to use an existing list go directly to step 4.
- Go to your MailChimp dashboard
- Click on Lists > Create List
- Fill list information
- Click on Settings > List fields
- Make sure your list has at least 4 fields. They usually are: Email, first name, last name, organization or company.
- Add or import subscribers
Step 3. Configure MailChimp for your event
- Access your event’s Edit page.
- Got to the Integration Tab
- Open the MailChimp panel
- Select one of your MailChimp Keys
- Complete the data mapping for the list you want to integrate with. For instance, if your list uses the label Company instead of Organization, replace the ORG tag by COMPANY.
- Save your changes
Step 3. Create a MailChimp campaign
- Open your MailChimp dashboard
- Click on Campaigns > Create Campaign
- Select a campaign type
- Select a list or segment
- Complete the campaign details
- Select an email template
- In Design view, drag and drop a button element
- Leave “Web address” option selected
- Place one of the URLs webcaStudio generated in MailChimp integration panel.
WebcaStudio will generate two types of URLs:
Event Program URL: This URL will drive your audience to the Event Program page.
Session URL: With Session URL users will access directly to a session.
All URLs will be replicated for each event’s language.